QUALITY OF LEAD AS A SOUND INSULATOR
- High density: 11.35.
- Surface density: 6 – 22 kg/m².
- Low elasticity (E = 17.10N/m2), which allows very high frequencies, for very low thicknesses (1, 1.5 or 2 mm).
- High loss factor or damping (n= 15.10).
- Absolutely airtight against the flow of air transmitting the waves, Easily fastened by cottering or nailing.
EXAMPLE OF IMPLEMENTATION
- By simple, direct application onto the wall to insulate or in a double-wall system.
- By composite panels (lead + absorbent materials)
- Also used for false ceilings: lead sheet is unrolled, in this case, above the ceiling plates, with an absorbent material glued to the ceiling, or resting on the lead.
- In roller blind boxes, lead sheet is stuck to the inside, ensuring that this provides a good airtight seal, and accommodating an absorbent material of low thickness above.
For any information on our products and accessories, please do not hesitate to contact us.